Thursday, December 23, 2010

WTC memorial finds $10,000 in cash stuffed in a donation box by an unknown donor

"Officials at the 9/11 memorial preview site were stunned when they opened one of the donation boxes Tuesday night and instead of the usual pile of change and crumpled singles, they found $10,000 in crisp bills clearly left by a single person.

'I was home watching the Yankee game when I got a call from the preview center's manager. She asked me if I was sitting down,' recalled Joe Daniels, president of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.

'We just found $10,000 in the donation box,' Daniels was told.

Daniels said officials have no idea who left the pile of 99 100-dollar bills and five 20s, or why they did it without any recognition -- or even a receipt that could be used for a tax deduction."
I'm sorry, but I love these kinds of stories. Quiet, simple decency.

No comments:

Post a Comment