Tuesday, August 10, 2010

At Home With Wendy Burden - A Vanderbilt Descendant Laughs Off Dysfunction

"“I GOT a message from my dead mother on my Facebook wall a few times,” Wendy Burden, descendant of Vanderbilts and author of the memoir “Dead End Gene Pool,” says. “She made a few comments about Spam.”

A complicated story this, and one it will take some time to sort out. But the trigger, apparently, was a flurry of angry e-mail messages between Ms. Burden and a younger brother who figures in her book. “I wrote my brother and said I wasn’t going to correspond with him anymore,” she says. “That’s what happens when you write a memoir and you’re really naive.”"
Heh; I'll say. This woman sounds crazy and the book sounds amazing. What a weird, manic profile. It is as if the writer has let the subject speak so much, it is the subject whom has written the profile--and spared herself no expense. How very, very refreshing. I kind of want to hang out with this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment