Thursday, August 26, 2010

Swell Season Pays For Counseling For Fans Who Witnessed Suicide

"After a man committed suicide during the band’s concert in California last week, the duo - who starred in the movie Once - will be paying for grief counseling sessions for the fans who watched the 32-year-old jump from a roof covering the outdoor stage. A spokeswoman for a Palo Alto-based counseling center said the band had paid for four group counseling sessions which any of the estimated 1,900 audience members may attend for free. [AP]

Read more posts by Josh Duboff

Filed Under: the swell season, music, terrible things"

I read about the suicide over at Pop & Hiss, but didn't blog it. This, however, I couldn't resist. I love Swell Season--though I never have seen Once--and I love this gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment