Thursday, July 29, 2010

Olajuwon watches daughter in Final Four

"For the first time in Oklahoma center Abi Olajuwon's four years with the Sooners, Hakeem Olajuwon watched his daughter play from the stands Sunday in Oklahoma's 73-66 loss to Stanford in the national semi-finals.

“You feel goose bumps,” Hakeem Olajuwon said. “You want her to do so well, and win so bad. I want to go in and do something.”

After carrying the Sooners to the Final Four, Abi Olajuwon was held to six points and nine rebounds in her final game.

Hakeem Olajuwon sat with the rest of Abi's family, and was easy to spot: the Hall of Famer wore a bright green polo shirt in a sea of Sooners crimson."
I know very, very little about sports, but I remember Olajouwn's career and I thought this was cute. I wonder if she's even the best player on the team...

No comments:

Post a Comment