Friday, July 30, 2010

You are a Woman, you are admired. - m4w

"I am a visitor to your city; here on a short term assignment, living within walking distance to work. You are a woman I see now and then when walking through the neighborhood and occasionally in the market. You are older and I suspect I am older still. You carry yourself with the confidence that only a woman who has lived life and tasted its ups and downs can exhibit. You have a figure I would describe as voluptuous and a way about you that says you have taken the time to explore the joys of a sensuous relationship. Something the rail thin youngsters that so many men chase have not lived long enough to even begin to understand.

You have thankfully resisted the urge to allow a plastic surgeon to turn you into one of their identical plastic women whose character has been erased from their face. With skin pulled too smooth across the same cheekbones, the same nose, the same chin and too puffy lips as thousands of others. To a man who appreciates the things that make a real woman the amazing creature she is, it is distressing. I suspect it is the female version of a “comb-over.” A balding man fools nobody; neither do plastic faced women.

There is an Indigo Girl lyric that goes “With every lesson learned a line upon your beautiful face, we’ll amuse ourselves someday with these memories we trace.”

I see lines that speak to an individual who knows who she is and is okay with living in that person’s skin. Lines and slight dimples that say this is someone who both understands and appreciates the humor in life and lines that speak to the strength of someone who has also known some sorrow. I see a person who looks like she would be a delight to know.

We shared a checkout line once and I know you smell of soap and cleanliness and shampoo and some hint of perfume my olfactory nerves enjoyed but could not identify. I also know that there is a small spot just behind your ear, where your hairline curves back that calls out to be nibbled.

Yes, you are a Woman and you are admired."

No comments:

Post a Comment